Boy howdy, did we! We did a lot of fun and interesting off-roading, so this post is pretty Rovey pic heavy...
Douglas Creek...
In the shadow of the other side of the canyon thingy...
A little hill... And Rovey's sweet new tires...Rovey! Cover your bottom!!! 
We found Douglas Creek! We were SO excited! We were able to get out, and eat our PBJ's by the creek... the road to get there was pretty rough, if we'd had a less capable vehicle we definitely would have had to hike, but it was a blast getting there, as well as being there...
A lookin'-down view from one of the VERY skinny roads we were on... yikes. I was driving, and Frank was riding the running boards, hanging of the edge of Rovey, saying things like, "Make sure you stay on the road." Duh. If I'd realized this is what he was hanging over at the time, I might not have felt so Duh-ish. It wasn't quite this scary looking from inside the car. If you look close, you can see the creek WAAAaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy down there!
The cascading creek was beautiful... Um, yeah.
Debris built a little rock house for this fuzzy guy, and then proceeded to drop a huge rock on him when she was done. Sigh.
And, I know I've mentioned this before, but the desert in bloom is truly an amazing thing... After being able to really appreciate it this year without the stress of moving hanging over my head, I know I'm going to anxiously await it every year now. Never liked spring much before in Rainland, but here it is a total treat.

Of of my fav pics from the day... :-) Sometimes ya just gotta stick yer head out the winder.We found Douglas Creek! We were SO excited! We were able to get out, and eat our PBJ's by the creek... the road to get there was pretty rough, if we'd had a less capable vehicle we definitely would have had to hike, but it was a blast getting there, as well as being there...
The coolest thing about this trip? We went through a creek... Douglas Creek to be precise... at two different spots...
So, we we turned around, and played with the "obstacle course" that we had to drive through to even get to Douglas Creek in the first place. There was a really cool spot that to get down you had one of the wheels off the ground pretty much the whole time... that was fun!! Frank and I both drove that... Love the wheels tilting in this pic... pictures never do complete justice to offroading.
Is Rovey stepping delicately off a ledge, or is he using his solid axle suspension to get down? We'll preserve his manliness and go with the solid axle suspension option...
This is kind of a fun shot of Rovey from down by the creek... the girls were troopers with the hiking/sliding down this...
Frank took these... the canyon/ravine walls were pretty cool...
Very cool! the creek is beautiful, and the canyon walls! Looks like one of your funnest trips yet!
ReplyDeleteDouglas Creek looks beautiful. This looks like a location you'll need to return to many times.
ReplyDeleteI wanna go! MMMMM I think nursing text are boring after looking at your pics. grammy
ReplyDeleteThat looks like so much fun! Rovey is talented! Do you know why I can't click on your photos to view them big like I can on other blogs?
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful! I would have peed my pants going by that cliff! We cant wait till we live there and can go on off roading adventures with you guys! Only a few years! shoot, Iv lived in fresno for almost 10 months! a few years will fly! Auntie G
ReplyDeleteChatty! I've been trying to figure that out!! Do you put yours into blogger from your hard drive? That's how I do it, and I really like it that way, so don't want to change. I'll have to work on it a little harder, see if I can figure it out.
ReplyDeletehaha, i can imagine bri dropping a rock on that caterpillar. funny. nice pics. looks like the kind of country that makes you want to keep exploring. we're hoping to go exploding this weekend, albeit snowmobile. hopefully, this time i won't forget my camera, and can send some pics your way... what kind of tires Frank? you'll have to let me know if you like them, i'll probably be in the market soon. haha, auntie G, i seem to remember a fourwheeling experience w/ you when you almost did pee your pants. fun times... nice work naomi. D
ReplyDeleteYou guys are so adventurous! Looked like a great time, although I am not sure about being on skinny roads next to steep cliffs!! :) (I don't like heights!) Rovey looks like he is definately part of the family!
ReplyDeleteAs far as the pictures go, when I pull up mine from my hard drive on to the new post, if I rearrange them, they won't let me click on them. So I have to plan ahead and browse and select them in the order I want them to appear. Do you pull them up onto your new post and then rearrange? If so, that may be the problem.
We have enjoyed your blog so much! Keep the adventures coming!
OMGOSH!! Wish we would have been with you!
ReplyDeleteHey, pop on over. After a RIDICULOUSLY long time, I finally got the pics and story up. Interview is tomorrow. You're even more famous now! :)
Course, I had to poke a little fun at Frank Castle. Isn't that a requirement?
Beautiful country, love the pictures, except for #7, which is what a recurring nightmare of mine is alllll about...gives me shivers, I tell you.
ReplyDeleteI think I figured the picture thing out... next post I do I'll try it out, and see if it works. :-) Thanks for kicking me into gear on that, Chatty. :-)
ReplyDeleteOh, and I just read your comment, amy.. yep, that was my problem. I'm going to have to be more organized when I post pics, or just edit them in the HTML tab, instead of the easy road tab, so I get the whole pic code. :-)
ReplyDeleteI use blogger to upload them straight into the post from my hard drive. I can copy and paste them into different areas of the post, or drag them down (I can't drag up though, it doesn't work) and mine are always clickable.
ReplyDeleteHey, wait the 7th picture is... ooh that's it, scorpions in the guest bed!
ReplyDeleteAlrighty, we'll be using your bed then, right Frankie??? Looking forward to it!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pics from your 4-wheelin' trip! I'm a hiker by choice, so I enjoy a good creek or river just like you do - maybe at a slower pace.
ReplyDeleteCheck out the bird brain at my front door (if you have insomnia):
http://thebutterflymind.com/ramblings_0091_birdbrains.htm
http://www.thebutterflymind.com
OK, I haven't been online in a while and want to interject an off-the-wall comment re:the wedding photos in previos posts. Naomi, I've always thought your mom was a cutie, but I've never seen her look so great!
ReplyDelete