Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Pajama and Mud Springtime Snapshot Post

My favorite thing about this time of year is how my kiddos disappear outside for hours on end. In fact, most days they dispense with the breakfast-eating and the morning-clothes-putting-on routine, and head straight outdoors in their jammies, grabbing a snack as they head for the door. I picked up the camera to thumb through the pics today, and realized I have an abnormal number of pictures with the kids in their jammies, and mud fighting. I've been buried in projects lately that aren't done enough for me to take pictures of and post about and are driving me crazy with their undoneness, so I'm posting about this instead. Also a random shot of the ice cream container that Frank pulled out of the freezer the other day. I have my suspicions that this was unauthorized ice cream eating... the culprits left proof, otherwise I never would have known. :-)
More Mud...

Yes, their clothes did come clean. The bathtub, however, is another story. :-)

Changing the front yard decor into a teeter-totter.
Sword fighting (alternatively called Pirating)
Snuggling dog.
Snuggling Dad.
Doing dishes.
Captaining a pirate ship, and terrorizing the seas.
Sharing a sit n' bounce. This did not end well.
This Sanitarium Warden signing out!

14 comments:

  1. Love the mud pictures! My kids used to do that too, only there were five of them. I love that your kids are so creative in their play. It reminds me of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, waaaay to much fun at your house my dear!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are great mud pictures lol! Looks like fun. It seems like your girls are such great friends and play really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you hold a trial using your ice cream evidence? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like lots of fun going on around there, and a lot of baths and laundry too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great blog! I love it all--your great recipes, your sewing projects, your cute kids and especially your great pictures! What kind of camera do you have? I'm shopping for a new one and always like to see what other people like to use.

    Stop by and visit sometime... http://lifeonouriowafarm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading your blog always reminds me to let my Emy be a kiddo, cleanup is easier then being frustrated constantly.
    Emy is always running out the door in her pjs however since they are mostly footie pjs I try to intercept her and force clothes on her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun bunch of memories your girls are making. Kudos to you for letting them play and be children -- with imaginations. ;-) Brings back memories of our children many years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of mud! Looks like fun!
    Lumberjack's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooooooooooo fabulous! I especially love the ice cream. Two of my neices had ring pops. One blue the other red. Pretty soon I heard giggling. You know, the uh oh the 5 and 6 year old are getting in trouble... so I walk over and they burst into even more uncontrollable giggles. So I march over to the 4 month old baby sister and she gives me a huge smile and laughs. Yep, her tongue was blue. Thanks for the UNAUTHORIZED ring pop sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mud pics! And the ice cream spoons, hahahahaha, unauthorized ice cream eating. Summer time is upon us, and I can see they're loving it. Your girls are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute pictures! I remember playing in the mud, it was great fun! I totally cracked up at the ice cream pic, totally something my hubby would do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome! Reminds me of me and my older sister! We used to have TONS of fun and we are still best friends that get in our fair share of trouble together when offered the opportunity. It makes me so happy and excited for your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that they just have free reign to be KIDS! Playing outdoors and lots of make-believe - ahhhhhh, the stuff of a great childhood. I was happy just watching them. :)

    Hi Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments! Love what you read, leave me some love! Or just say hi, I like that too. :-)