Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Weird Art Wednesday

I haven't done a post like this in a while, so here goes! Just a smattering of random works that I find around my house on a regular basis.



I love the look on the dolls face in this one. Debris was completely distraught when I disassembled this.Note the relish tucked in there.So, ever since I got this kitchen sideboard, Debris thinks that everything in the fridge should be on it. I keep on going into the kitchen to find her climbing the fridge shelves and putting everything on the sideboard. As always, she becomes quite upset when I dismantle her works.

Walked into our bedroom to find this the other night... So cute!
This cowgirl was having very interesting conversations with Debris... About spiders and bats. (Debris was not wearing any clothes during this conversation, so I did not include her in this pic.)



So the other day, the girls announced they were making "dilla's" (quesadilla's). I walked into the kitchen to find this. Technically that's a cheesy filling. I don't think it would melt though.

What do you get when you combine a salad spinner lid, buttons, and half eaten cheese sticks? Weird Art, that's what!!

So, I'm standing having a conversation, then I go to take a step, and I noticed I was rattling. Apparently, I became Weird Art!

And here are the artists themselves...




Happy Hump Day!

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to yoooouuuuu! Love the art, love the artists, love the mom and dad. Keep it coming!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how funny! You have what it takes to see things like that in the ordinary day to day life of a household! (and having girls with imagination helps too!) Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy Birthday! Cute post and pics....it's neat to see the things they do on a day-to-day basis:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very entertaining! :)
    the whole refridgerator thing with Debris...reminds me of Miss Kate. When she drives me crazy with putting things in odd places and I'm like "Okay, this does NOT go here it goes HERE." and she watches me solomnly as I undo her damage...then as soon as I turn my back she promptly sneaks off with it again to put it in another place of her liking. :)
    Gotta love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I've known some adults throughout my life who have probably tried making a quesadilla that exact same way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a couple very budding artists living with you -- i hope you cherish them. their imaginations are priceless! the boot picture is quite good, and dontcha know, many things are better with a touch of relish. i would have loved to have heard the conversation with the cowgirl!

    your blog is great -- keep it up! your recipes look amazing -- i drool every time i read one. aaaand your current header picture is awesome!

    maurita
    (anita's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maurita! Lovely comment... thank you! So fun to get comments--you made my day. :-) And, I'm also very smug that I guessed the right Anita. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments! Love what you read, leave me some love! Or just say hi, I like that too. :-)